

The summer has been active for the whole family. Melissa and Eric started things off by taking a trip to Hawaii last spring. In May, Michelle took Taylor and Ian on a Disney cruise. Now in July, my sister Sharon and her husband, Bob, visited New York City for a long weekend. Plus, Michael, Erika, and Kimberly arrived here, in Idaho, for a week. So we toured Yellowstone for three days and hit some tourist spots in Jackson. We were able to visit spots in the Park that were missed back in 2005. It was like being there for the first time.
Minnie and I have also spent some time tent camping and touring the area. We enjoyed a great camping spot along the banks of the Warm River where the sounds of the running river was very relaxing. We enjoyed watching the fly fishermen pulling the rainbow trout out almost as soon as their fly hit the water. There were a lot of people tubing down the river, we stepped in and almost froze our legs off! And this is the “warm river”! Another note worthy site is the Cater of the Moon National Park, about 120 miles from Victor. This place is incredible, and actually felt like being on the moon. It is lava formations formed by a volcano only about 2000 years ago, so vegetation is just beginning to start a new life. The astronauts actually came to the park to train for the moon mission 40 years ago. A day trip to Mesa Falls was interesting and a fun drive though beautiful farms and the Tetons just out our windows. It is pretty amazing how much the farmers and landowners water. It disturbs us to see the owner of the campground water during a rainstorm! However as he explained to us that he has to keep his use up so much to keep his free water coming from the streams since the water will soon be cut off and only sent to the farms.
I believe that this area has some of the best hiking trails that I have ever experienced. Minnie and I have enjoyed spending hours on this trail pictured, and look forward to the fall colors coming in a month or so.
The campground has been full of Texans. Our row last weekend had three campers from San Antonio. I call our row The Texas back row. It is starting to slow down just a bit here so we will have more time on our hands and maybe Mark can catch up with his baseball games that he has been recording. He will probably still have games to watch after the season is over. But he does still enjoy watching them anyway. I have made a crafting friend of the workkamper manager here and we have been doing lots of crafts.
Maggie is doing well but does she get dirty! I wash a ton of dirt out of her paws weekly. She has made friends of all the workkampers too.
I have begun planning our trip back home since it will be here soon. There are just too many places that we would like to see on the way back and we have to get back in time for Evan and Melissa’s birthdays……
Minnie and I have also spent some time tent camping and touring the area. We enjoyed a great camping spot along the banks of the Warm River where the sounds of the running river was very relaxing. We enjoyed watching the fly fishermen pulling the rainbow trout out almost as soon as their fly hit the water. There were a lot of people tubing down the river, we stepped in and almost froze our legs off! And this is the “warm river”! Another note worthy site is the Cater of the Moon National Park, about 120 miles from Victor. This place is incredible, and actually felt like being on the moon. It is lava formations formed by a volcano only about 2000 years ago, so vegetation is just beginning to start a new life. The astronauts actually came to the park to train for the moon mission 40 years ago. A day trip to Mesa Falls was interesting and a fun drive though beautiful farms and the Tetons just out our windows. It is pretty amazing how much the farmers and landowners water. It disturbs us to see the owner of the campground water during a rainstorm! However as he explained to us that he has to keep his use up so much to keep his free water coming from the streams since the water will soon be cut off and only sent to the farms.
I believe that this area has some of the best hiking trails that I have ever experienced. Minnie and I have enjoyed spending hours on this trail pictured, and look forward to the fall colors coming in a month or so.
The campground has been full of Texans. Our row last weekend had three campers from San Antonio. I call our row The Texas back row. It is starting to slow down just a bit here so we will have more time on our hands and maybe Mark can catch up with his baseball games that he has been recording. He will probably still have games to watch after the season is over. But he does still enjoy watching them anyway. I have made a crafting friend of the workkamper manager here and we have been doing lots of crafts.
Maggie is doing well but does she get dirty! I wash a ton of dirt out of her paws weekly. She has made friends of all the workkampers too.
I have begun planning our trip back home since it will be here soon. There are just too many places that we would like to see on the way back and we have to get back in time for Evan and Melissa’s birthdays……
No comments:
Post a Comment