We have arrived at the Teton Valley where we will WorkKamp for the next four months. The past three weeks has been a time for us to settle into the work and the area. It is beautiful here with the Teton Mountains all around us. The largest town is Driggs where there is a large Grocery store and several restaurants. Very touristy, for the sports folks who fish, mountain bike, hikers, rafting, kayaking, and ski in the winter. Our work is easy, four hours a day, and only four days a week. We get three consecutive days off to enjoy the recreation. Minnie has planned a few day trips for hiking and a few tent camping trips to close by lakes. I’m looking forward to these camping trips back into a tent to see if I can handle roughing it for a few days.
Michael and his family has committed to come visit and to tour Yellowstone. I’m sure we can get those girls to go white water rafting on the Snake River, and maybe kayaking too.
We are not spending the money as we did last year. So I believe this is the way to see America. Go to an area to sightsee and work a little. We are lucky the owner here at Teton Valley is laid back and understand we are here first for fun and second to work. I can only hope in years to come, we find the same.
I want to thank all of you who have helped with Melissa’s awareness for breast cancer. Net proceeds will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure, to fund breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment. Cancer of the breast results in the highest mortality rates of any cancers in women between the ages of 20 and 59 years.
All women are at risk for breast cancer, regardless of hereditary factors. In fact, no more than 10 percent of people with breast cancer have a genetic predisposition to the disease. Other known risk factors and personal characteristics include personal or family history of breast cancer, high breast tissue density, earlier onset of menstruation (12 years or younger)…. So please read more information about this and share with friends and family at http://www.the3day.org/ or click the link at the top right of this page.
Michael and his family has committed to come visit and to tour Yellowstone. I’m sure we can get those girls to go white water rafting on the Snake River, and maybe kayaking too.
We are not spending the money as we did last year. So I believe this is the way to see America. Go to an area to sightsee and work a little. We are lucky the owner here at Teton Valley is laid back and understand we are here first for fun and second to work. I can only hope in years to come, we find the same.
I want to thank all of you who have helped with Melissa’s awareness for breast cancer. Net proceeds will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure, to fund breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment. Cancer of the breast results in the highest mortality rates of any cancers in women between the ages of 20 and 59 years.
All women are at risk for breast cancer, regardless of hereditary factors. In fact, no more than 10 percent of people with breast cancer have a genetic predisposition to the disease. Other known risk factors and personal characteristics include personal or family history of breast cancer, high breast tissue density, earlier onset of menstruation (12 years or younger)…. So please read more information about this and share with friends and family at http://www.the3day.org/ or click the link at the top right of this page.
2 comments:
Thanks for linking to the 3day page!
That's a lovely photo of your dish at Palo Duro Canyon.
Post a Comment