Back to the Blog

2014
Click picture to view

Friday, October 2, 2009

September








































































Time has come for us to start moving south. Recent weather changes are not agreeable to us Texans The forecast this week are lows in the 20s and next week in the teens. So ad adios Victor Idaho. The route home will take us to Salt Lake City, Bryce Canyon, Lake Mead, with stops in Flagstaff, Albuquerque, and a visit to Brownwood.

This cold seems to be sudden, for I feel we did not experience but a few weeks of fall weather. Leaves are just beginning to fall as the colors turn to yellow and orange. We have enjoyed the work and play here, so we intend to return next year and do it again.

Our last camping trip took us to a mountain lake at nine thousand feet in the Salmon Mountains. Formed by a glacier, today sets with crystal clear water. One of the best camp sites I have camped. Each morning we woke to 35 degree temperatures and we burned firewood all day. I even tried a little fishing, but of course, no luck. Near this lake is a ghost town which was once a silver mine, some town buildings and mining equipment still remain on site. This area had several other mines close by and some ruins of charcoal kilns are still standing. The charcoal was produced for the smelters at the different mines.

Hard to believe summer has past us by. Hope each of you had a wonderful summer and enjoys the rest of the year. Minnie has planned our activity from now to January. I think I’ll be ready to go back workamping.

No comments: