We arrived back to our property outside Giddings the first of April and started planning our next trip for the summer months. The plan is to head north until we reach Maine, and then make our way down the east coast, touring as many historical sites as we can. I have enjoyed the stay but ready to go explore new areas. Hopefully we have adjusted the budget enough to compensate for the higher cost of fuel, food, medical, and beer.
So back at the farm, we completed as much of the fence as we intended, planted new grass, visited family, and relaxed. Our new grandson, Evan, is now six months old…hard to believe time is flying by. My first anniversary of retirement is just a month away!
Of course Mark has had to have constant supervision while working on the farms….i.e…cut fingers, banged head, threw his knee out and was on crutches for a week (refused to see a doc even though he was in extreme pain.) Thank goodness for left over drugs! It was pretty funny watching him walk on crutches! Especially going up the stairs and getting in the handicap shower.
Speaking of the budget… I talked the Vogelstein into an air card. Can you believe it?
While here, I attended Melissa’s childhood best friend Emily’s wedding in Houston. Mark stayed home because he was in pain from his knee and on crutches. (He’s a terrible crutch walker!) On the way to Houston, approx. ½ mile from the farm I had a blow-out on the truck and since Mark was laid up I had to call good ole AAA for assistance. The guy came in a good time but did not bring a big enough jack nor could he figure out how to get the spare off. He had to call his nephew to bring a bigger jack and thank goodness the nephew knew how to get the spare off. Love to you all, Minnie
With the air card I should update this blog more often. Plus, I expect to be on the road until the fall and will have a lot of fun things to share.
So back at the farm, we completed as much of the fence as we intended, planted new grass, visited family, and relaxed. Our new grandson, Evan, is now six months old…hard to believe time is flying by. My first anniversary of retirement is just a month away!
Of course Mark has had to have constant supervision while working on the farms….i.e…cut fingers, banged head, threw his knee out and was on crutches for a week (refused to see a doc even though he was in extreme pain.) Thank goodness for left over drugs! It was pretty funny watching him walk on crutches! Especially going up the stairs and getting in the handicap shower.
Speaking of the budget… I talked the Vogelstein into an air card. Can you believe it?
While here, I attended Melissa’s childhood best friend Emily’s wedding in Houston. Mark stayed home because he was in pain from his knee and on crutches. (He’s a terrible crutch walker!) On the way to Houston, approx. ½ mile from the farm I had a blow-out on the truck and since Mark was laid up I had to call good ole AAA for assistance. The guy came in a good time but did not bring a big enough jack nor could he figure out how to get the spare off. He had to call his nephew to bring a bigger jack and thank goodness the nephew knew how to get the spare off. Love to you all, Minnie
With the air card I should update this blog more often. Plus, I expect to be on the road until the fall and will have a lot of fun things to share.
1 comment:
Glad to hear your news. I was thinking of you the other day (must have been either a beer or a country song that prompted it) and was wondering where you were! So, when're you going to be in one place long enough for us to visit? I will NOT work for food, but I will work for beer. What's some contact numbers? There are some great things to see up East. Great history! Take care!
Post a Comment