Back to the Blog

2014
Click picture to view

Friday, September 21, 2007

The End and The Beginning





The end came on September 17th, the day we closed on our house in San Antonio. With the help of Steve, Cindy, Martin, Liz, and Paul, our household was loaded on a truck and moved into a storage unit in three and one half hours.

Now we live in our trailer. Which will take us to places we have never been. Before our travels begin, we must complete preparation of our property outside Giddings. A driveway, a barn (to store our goods), a gate, power and water are the next steps to complete. I have included a few pictures of the cleared land.

Our grandson is due to arrive in nine weeks. I don't expect to be venturing off too far until he is born. I will be busy with the "simple life" on the farm. If anyone has the calling to dig a ditch for my water line, or dig post holes for my gate, just call me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new life! I am SO jealous. Thanks for the photos. It's good to see all of Mark's Grefenwoehr training is coming in handy. It looks just like I remember it! When I saw that yellow tracked vehicle, I thought you'd bought an Army surplus 8" howitzer. Talk about yard art!!! What is your contact info? phone? PO Box? C'mon, Ted!
Gunning and his sons are going to be in Dallas Oct 5-7 for TX/OU weekend (I guess that's TU/OU weekend for you Aggies) We're going to go eat German food! Why don't you consider a roadtrip up here then? Would be a great reunion. Promise we won't drink too much Apfelkorn.